It has been a fantastic first term for Sport at Skippers this year. There has been a real focus on participation and effort during lessons, matches and clubs. As the term comes to an end we use this opportunity to reflect on the success and efforts that have been put in by each child. It has been fantastic to see the children thriving within a sporting environment, fostering the Skippers values throughout, whether it be training on a weekday afternoon or taking part in fixtures and tournaments the children will always display characteristics that they can be very proud of.
We have used sport this term as a vehicle to match the whole school aims for the term of ‘Broadening Horizons and Raising Aspirations’. The children have broadened their horizons by taking part in more sports and activities and seeking challenges to push themselves a step further during each Games and PE lesson. Our lunchtime cross-country is an example of children being able to try something new. It has been very popular, well attended and Mr Jones has been so impressed at their determination and willingness to improve that prizes have been awarded for children for their hard work and determination.
There has been great success for Skippers pupils this term. Some notable achievements have been:
- Runners up in the Ardingly U10 Girls Hockey tournament
- 3rd place in Ardingly U10 Boys Football tournament
- Semi finalists of the UKSA County tournament for U13 Girls Hockey
- Individual successes for county selection in Hockey and Netball
- Boys and girls selected for Prep School Pumas
- 3rd place for the girls Cross Country relay team at the Brenchley
- Ardingly 1st place for the U11 Boys Cross Country team at Ardingly
- Multiple successes for the Skippers Equestrian team who have qualified for Hickstead next Summer.
All in all it has been a busy and successful term for everyone and we look forward to keeping up this superb momentum moving forward into next term.
Dominic Jones and Patrick SkinnerCategories: Sport