Why it is important to have a well balanced diet and regular exercise
Posted: 21st January 2015 | Category: Year 6
Year 6 has been working in small groups to research and produce a booklet aimed at someone their age on :
“WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A BALANCED DIET AND REGULAR EXERCISE”
The booklet had to contain the following:
· Why is a balanced diet so important
· The names of the 7 nutrients, their functions in the body and some examples of food rich in each nutrient.
· A labelled diagram of the digestive system and the function of the major parts
· How food travels through the digestive system
· How food is broken down into soluble glucose and absorbed into the blood stream
· Some conditions caused by dietary deficiencies
· What does regular exercise do for us
Having finished their booklets here is what a few of the girls had to say.
Lucy ‘ I hadn’t realised how many interesting facts there were to learn about on this topic. I had never realised how important Carbohydrates were as part of a balanced diet.’
Diya ‘ I was surprised at how many different nutrients there are and I enjoyed learning about which foods were rich in each nutrient.’